Available Medications for Acne
Below are some of the available medications to treat acne. Please select one to see available medications.
- Acanya Gel Compounded
- Aczone Gel
- Adapalene / Benzoyl Peroxide
- Benzaclin Gel
- Clindamycin Compounded
- Cyproterone/Ethinyl Estradiol
- Dalacin T
- Diane 35
- Differin XP
- Epiduo Forte
- Minocycline Foam
- Retin A
- Retin A MicroGel pump
- Retin A MicroGel Pump
- Retino A
- Stieva A
- Sulfacetamide/Sulfur Cleanser Compounded
- Sulfacetamide/Sulfur Cream Compounded
- Sumadan REFERENCE
- TactuPump Forte
- Tretinoin Compounded
- Tretinoin Extra Strength Compounded
Over the Counter
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. It causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
Effective acne treatments are available, but acne can be persistent. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and when one begins to go away, others seem to crop up.
Depending on its severity, acne can cause emotional distress and scar the skin. The earlier you start treatment, the lower your risk of such problems.
Acne signs vary depending on the severity of your condition.
- Whiteheads (closed clogged pores)
- Blackheads (open clogged pores)
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps under the skin (nodules)
- Painful, pus-filled lumps under the skin (cystic lesions)
Acne usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders.